Take part in strategic games that heighten creativity by breaking from your habitual movement patterns and explore new ways to find inspiration for your practice. Asking ourselves questions like: Where can this movement go from here? What does my body need from me right now? Am I maintaining a sense of overall balance throughout the body? And how can I connect the movement with the concepts? Ultimately, use your new sense of creativity to construct sequencing that flows for consistent creative experiences rooted in movement with a purpose every time.
We will focus on:
– Why creativity is so valuable
– Exploring transitions
– How to create a variation with purpose and intent
– When & how to effectively use variations
– How to use creativity beyond variations
– Ways to create a structure for a cohesive workout
– How to build a flow around a “peak pose”
– How to progress movements through sequencing and create choreography that flows.