Level 3 Exercise referral course (Pre-requisite to level 4 low back pain and level 4 Obesity and Diabetes)
This Level 3 Exercise Referral course is designed for fitness professionals and personal trainers who wish to join their local register and work with people who’ve been medically referred onto an exercise programme by their doctor.
From understanding medical conditions for exercise referral to instructing exercise with referred patients, this is an internationally recognised specialist qualification that can help you develop additional skills and open up new business opportunities for you.
Once completed successfully you’ll be eligible to log this course with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) to receive Continuing Professional Development (“CPD”) points. The course also meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status.
Dates : 2,3 October 2020
Time : 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
You can choose between Lower back pain and Obesity and Diabetes for Level 4 .
Level 4 Obesity and Diabetes course :
Date : 13,14 November 2020
Time : 9 am – 4 pm
Gain the skills and insight to help your PT clients better manage obesity or diabetes.
Obesity and diabetes both pose serious threats to the health of people all over the world. Our Obesity and Diabetes Management course is designed to provide you with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for obese and or diabetic clients.
We will cover:
An overview of of the main biological, environmental, neurological and psychological factors contributing towards obesity and diabetes.
– The key risk factors of Obesity and Diabetes and their biological implications.
– The key role that exercise and lifestyle change has on reducing the health risks of these diseases.
– How to communicate with empathy an understanding as well as how to set a realistic action plan without patronizing the client.
– Modifications for exercise to help reduce the risk of injury and disease as well as how to choose exercises that empower the client rather than frustrate them.
– The biomechanical, neurological and hormonal factors that affect exercise choice when training the obese or diabetic client.
This course is recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 4, as well as meeting the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status.
Level 4 Low Back Pain Management course
Date : 30,31 October
Time : 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
The Level 4 Low Back Pain Certificate is comprised of:
* Types of low back pain (LBP)
* Exercise guidelines for LBP patients
* Building an assessment strategy using functional tests: pelvis, hip, foot/ankle, shoulder, and spine
* Structuring physical activity while considering postural, movement and weight bearing sensitivities
* Working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Factors relating to LBP and how to control them
* The role of exercise and physical activity in the management of LBP
* Treating low back pain, including the effectiveness of manual therapy, drugs and psychotherapy
* Screening, gathering information and goal setting
* Motivating low back pain patients – including motivational interviewing