This is a comprehensive 16 hour course that will equip you with the knowledge and skills to help pregnant women improve their health and fitness throughout their pregnancy as well as after they deliver.
We will cover:
– A review of current exercise and pregnancy research.
– The physiological and psychological changes a pregnant woman goes through during each trimester
– The beneficial exercises to do during each trimester and contraindications
– Pelvic floor and diaphragm re-education and training for pre and post natal women
– Breathing pattern dysfunctions during pregnancy and the appropriate corrective breathing drills associated with them
– ‘Pregnancy brain’ reality or myth and what hormonal changes occur in pregnancy that affect the brain’s performance
– Practical ‘high pay-off’ drills and exercises suited for each trimester as well as post natal.
– Post natal guidelines and exercise after a C section delivery
– Post natal guidelines and exercise after a natural delivery
Practical session/case study – Internally assessed.
Must be in the health and fitness industry.
8 and 9 May 2020
9 AM - 4 PM
AED 2,242 (Early bird is 2,108 AED)
Abu Dhabi (Venue - TBC)